Volunteer Vacancy: Communities Facilitator (Thursday’s Volunteer) at YADA Collective CIC
Join YADA Collective CIC’s team as a Communities Facilitator (Volunteer) and help keep our local, wellbeing and recovery communities thriving.
Are you passionate about supporting your local community and making a difference in the lives of others? YADA Collective CIC is seeking a dedicated Communities Facilitator (Volunteer) to support our Thursday Communities, joining our team and assisting with the smooth running of our community space.
Position: Communities Facilitator (Thursday’s Volunteer)
Location: YADA Building, Green Lane, Derby, DE11RP
Working Hours: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Open up the venue and ensure it is in a good condition for community activities.
- Provide support to the New Hope Rehabilitation (Drug and Alcohol support) Community group during their session, including tea and coffee provision.
- Assist with setting up and serving beverages at the Renew Cafe, a wellbeing cafe frequently used by the local Hong Kong community and beyond.
- Maintain a clean and welcoming environment throughout the day.
- Offer general support to YADA staff and other volunteers as needed.
- The Possibility of supporting other community group meet-ups and events at YADA Collective’s Alcohol-Free Bar as they arise.
- Genuine interest in supporting the local community and promoting wellbeing.
- Reliable and punctual, able to commit to the specified hours on Thursdays.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (Cantonese language desirable but not essential).
- Organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to work alone and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Respect for confidentiality and maintaining a non-judgmental attitude.
This volunteer position offers you the opportunity to give back to the community and be part of a positive and supportive environment. While no financial compensation is provided, reasonable expenses will be reimbursed according to our expense reimbursement policy.
If you are interested in this rewarding volunteer opportunity, please contact us at Craig@YADACollective.co.uk or visit our contact form on our website at YADACollective.co.uk for more information and to submit your interest.
Join us in making a difference at YADA Collective CIC and help create a thriving community for all!
Note: This position is open to all qualified individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, or background. YADA Collective CIC is an equal-opportunity organisation committed to diversity and inclusion.